Wednesday, May 28, 2008

We're Getting there...

The days of orientation seem to be getting so long! I just want to be out there with the groups. We finished up learning all of the programs today, ate at the Colonias site, then practiced all afternoon until chores, then learned some more about the Global Village sites. Then I checked my mailbox, and presto! I have my seeds for my Appalachian garden. I don't have all of what I need, but I'm getting there. I can't wait to break ground.

Colonias is a really cool site; it's basically the area 50 miles on either side of the US/Mexico border. The houses fit 12-15 people, and it's more like a refugee camp site. The meal was a tortilla with beans, peppers, and tomatoes. It was yummy!

I milked the goats today, which was interesting without a milking stand. I'm feeling pretty scatterbrained right now, but that's okay. I'm going to go visualize my garden. Can't you just taste the sugar babies and hominy? Mmm. Maybe not together, but yea. Ooh or cushaw squash and fried okra.

Maybe I'll feel more chatty later. Peace!

No comments: